React Native, on the other hand, has gained widespread popularity within the last few years due to its ease of use, performance, and portability among devices, which are some of the main problems React Native provides solutions to.
In this article, we will talk about the main reasons behind why React Native is ruling app development industry and how it compares with other approaches like PhoneGap or Ionic in terms of pros and cons.
Let’s dive right in!
- React Native has a user interface that’s not only easy to use, but also provides a fast and smooth performance. It’s the perfect choice for developers who want to build cross-platform apps with a single codebase.
- React Native can be used on both iOS and Android, so you don’t have to worry about building one app separately for each operating system.
- It also comes with plenty of pre-built components that will help you save time and money when developing your app.
- Check out our list of the best React Native animation libraries, all of which are sure to give your app that extra bit of oomph!
- React Native is one of the most popular frameworks in the market, and with good reason. One of its key features is code reusability.
- Not only are components reusable across different screens but there are also reusable modules that can be imported and used anywhere in your project. This saves you a lot of time when developing new screens or adding new features to existing ones.
- No need to rewrite code from scratch every time; just import what you need and save hours! With React Native, you don’t have to invest in large teams of developers either. You can reuse components among other developers on your team, making it easier for everyone on the team to complete tasks efficiently.
- React Native also has a huge community behind it where programmers post their work on sites like GitHub. There are already thousands of open-source projects that solve common problems faced by app developers today so if you find yourself needing something specific for your app, chances are someone else has already solved it for you!
Popularity among developers
- React native is an open-source project, which means developers are constantly working to improve the framework. It also means that if you’re a developer, you can help contribute to the project in any way you can.
- The community offers support for all levels of expertise and backgrounds with tutorials, videos, tools, and more to get you started. These contributions from the open-source community have led to improvements in app performance as well as adding new features like Android support.
- As such, the ability to work on a single codebase across multiple platforms has become invaluable for many developers. For example, Uber recently announced it’s using React Native on both iOS and Android to speed up the development of new features and fix bugs faster than before.
- Other companies who use React Native include Facebook, Instagram, Airbnb, and Bloomberg among others. With so much backing it’s easy to see why this library is ruling app development!
Open source community
- Many believe that having a large open-source community helps the development of a technology. This was the case for React Native, which has one of the largest communities in the world with over 150 contributors on GitHub.
- The continual use of open-source technologies by developers creates a lot of demand for these technologies and can be a huge help in promoting it.
- With so many users, it’s much easier to find someone who may be able to answer your question or help you troubleshoot an issue you’re having because there are more people with experience using it.There is also a greater chance that bugs will be found and fixed quickly since they have many people searching through code to find them.
- It also makes it very easy for new programmers to learn how the technology works because there are already resources available online.
Future of React Native
- React Native has been ruling app development ever since Facebook introduced it in 2015. It has become so popular because it improves on what we all love about native apps – performance and user experience.
- As a bonus, it also reduces the time to market by allowing you to use a single codebase for both Android and iOS. When compared with other cross-platform technologies like PhoneGap, Ionic Framework, or Xamarin, it becomes clear that React Native is the best option for developing a high-quality app quickly and cost-effectively.
React native has the potential to fundamentally change how we develop our applications. Apps built with react native are easier to maintain and make it easier for developers to design user interfaces. Plus, apps built with react native are cheaper because they require less resources from a device.
Innovative companies like Facebook have been using react native in their company for years and more and more companies are starting to adopt this new technology.