Most people use apple gadgets without knowing every feature. You may not know that there are a lot of hidden features in apple gadgets. There is a question that people tend to ask most of the time- how to lock an iPhone by using an apple watch?
In this article, you will find the answer. There are other features as well. For example, there are times when you are wearing sunglass or a face mask, and you are unable to unlock your iPhone.
What You Need
You will be required these gadgets to lock or unlock your iPhone.
- First, you need iPhone that has a Face ID.
- You should check that your iPhone has 14.5 or upgraded iOS.
- You also need your Apple Watch that has watchOS 7.4 or more.
Consider These Requirements
You need to arrange other requirements as well.
- First, you need to pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone.
- Check that both devices have access to WiFi and Bluetooth.
- You need to set the passcode and turn on the wrist detection.
- You have to wear your Apple Watch on your wrist.
- You will also need a face mask, goggles, and sunglass.
Change Your Apple Watch Settings
First, you need to change some settings in your smartwatch. You will find the way how to lock iPhone by using an apple watch. You need to follow these steps.
- First, you need to open the settings on your iPhone.
- Click on the “Face ID & Passcode.”
- After that, type your passcode.
- There you will find the option “Apple Watch.”
- Now, you need to turn on the feature.
- If you have forgotten to enable your wrist detection, then you need to turn that on.
How To Lock Iphone By Using Apple Watch
Now, it is time to lock iPhone by using an apple watch. Follow these steps.
- First, you need to make sure that you are wearing your smartwatch on your wrist.
- Then, unlock it. You can wear a mask, goggles or sunglass if you want to.
- You can wake up your phone then. You just need to tap it or raise it simply.
- Now, you just need to give glance at your iPhone to unlock it.
- Now you can use your iPhone and do whatever you want to do.
Sometimes, this thing happens when we don’t want our iPhones to be unlocked. But the phone gets unlocked automatically while raising our hand. If this happens to you can do a few things.
You can just press the “lock iPhone” button to lock your iPhone. You can find this option on your Apple Watch Screen. But after doing this, you need to type your passcode to unlock your iPhone. This happens because there will be a security issue occurs.
Use Face ID
After the 15.4 iOS update, to unlock your phone, you can simply use Face ID. this feature is very helpful in iPhone 12 and iPhone 13. Also, if you are wearing a mask, sunglass, or goggles, this feature helps you to unlock your iPhone.
And the most important thing is that you don’t need your Apple Watch. Don’t think that if you are using the unlocking feature on your smartwatch, you can not use this feature. Apple allows you to use this feature along with unlocking Apple Watch. This way, you can unlock your iPhone in a more convenient way.
Lock Or Unlock Manually
You can lock or unlock your smartwatch manually too. For example, suppose you are not wearing your smartwatch, and you still want to lock your iPhone. Follow these steps.
- First, you need to open the settings on your Apple Watch.
- There you will find the option to turn on or off the wrist detection.
- Now, you need to tap your passcode.
- Now your Apple Watch will not be able to lock or unlock your iPhone automatically.
But, if you turn off wrist detection, there are many features that your Apple Watch will be unable to do it. You can follow these steps to lock your Smart Watch automatically. You will get your answer about how to lock the screen on the apple watch 7 manually.
- First, you need to touch and hold your screen.
- After that, you can see different options.
- There you will find a lock option, press it.
Forget Your Passcode
If you are like me, then you can find it difficult to remember your passcode. You have to erase your Apple Watch from your iPhone. You can do these things.
- First, you need to unpair your Apple Watch.
- Then, you can pair it again.
- After that, you need to reset the Apple Watch.
But before doing it, you should check all the other ways to find your passcode.
So, what are you waiting for? Follow the above things to experience all these cool features.
If you have any further questions, feel free to ask in the comment section.