Clean furniture always looks pretty and our room also looks appealing whereas dusty furniture produces an environment also unpleasant. When you don’t properly dust your furniture, the shine and polish of your furniture leave black spots on the surface of the wood. Therefore, I am going to discuss some hacks for cleaning furniture in a home, by following those tricks and tips your furniture looks pretty new and nice. And if you don’t want to clean the furniture at home, You can also hire a professional for the Carpenter Work.
Tips to Clean Wood Furniture in Home Without any Damage
- To eliminate surface dirt and grime, dust the furniture. You are able now to eliminate mild soiling.
- Begin with the mildest cleaning and progress to stronger ones as required. Make a dilute solution of water or another detergent.
- Wipe the entire item with a soft cloth that has been dipped in the solution and wrung out. You need a light moist cloth to clean the furniture not the wet.
- Don’t over-saturate the wood, and clean your towel frequently.
- Take another clean cloth and thoroughly dry the object.
Eliminate Water Stains from Wood Furniture in Home
It is commonly seen that some cold and hot water is thrown by the children or young ones while they are using the table for lunch or other chores. After dry water, some water stains are permanently left on the wood surface. Now, the need is that how can we eliminate the stains from the surface of wood furniture.
Here are some steps discussed to remove the water stains.
- To remove tough stains, take baking soda and toothpaste in equal parts and mix them.
- Apply non-gel toothpaste to the affected area and massage with a soft cloth until the stain is removed.
- Remove the toothpaste with a clean wet towel and thoroughly dry.
Method to Remove the Old Polish from Furniture
In this step, you will know how to remove the polish from the furniture surface that several years ago your carpenter utilized on it.
- Firstly take a cup of boiling water, and soak two tea bags.
- Then, leave the tea to cool to room temperature.
- In the last, wring out a soft cloth in the tea until it’s moist, then wash the wood.
- You will be felt amazing after applying the above method that how your furniture wood will shine because the tannic acid that is found in the tea, maintains the wood very well.
Method to make Polish at Home
You can also use lemon oil of market readymade. A basic polish may also be made by combining 1 cup olive oil and 1/4 cup white vinegar. Pour it onto a delicate cloth and wipe it against the grain of the wood. Buff till smooth.
Knowing, it will be really helpful that how you keep your assets looking fantastic for a long time.
Method To Remove the Hard Marks from the Wood Surface
Following the method, you can use it to remove the stain of the pen and marker ink.
Take 1 tablespoon baking soda and 1 teaspoon water and make it a thin paste After that
Put to the stain and massaged with a soft cloth until the stain is gone.
Remove the toothpaste with a clean wet towel and thoroughly dry.
After cleaning your furniture, apply a coat of wood polish to retain the gloss and add brightness.
Above article all the useful methods are described like removing water stains at home, eliminating hard Mark from the wood, and removing the old polish even tells you about homemade polish. Must use these hacks in your home and you can also hire a professional Carpenter around me for all the carpentry-related services.